RE: How do I update ONLY GLib?
- From: "Warren Fenlon" <wrfpublic charter net>
- To: 'David Nečas (Yeti)' <yeti physics muni cz>, <gtk-list gnome org>
- Subject: RE: How do I update ONLY GLib?
- Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 16:50:56 -0600
Ok, that sounds like an interesting possibility, but I am something of a
neophyte when it comes to compiling system "stuff". I DO know how to
install rpms anyway. My assumption from the src.rpm name is that it is
source only files and after installing it there is a build step, but:
1. What is the "spec" file?,
2. How do I "inform" the build process where my new glib files are?, and
3. What is the build syntax?
Probably pretty basic questions, but I really do NOT want to screw up my
From: gtk-list-bounces gnome org [mailto:gtk-list-bounces gnome org] On
Behalf Of David Necas (Yeti)
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:25 PM
To: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: Re: How do I update ONLY GLib?
On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 04:02:02PM -0600, Warren's Public Email wrote:
> I should have mentioned that I am compiling on a Core Duo Thinkpad running
> Redhat Enterprise Linux 4 (rhel4). I checked what packages were available
> with yum, but did not see anything new enough for what I want to do. I
> spent quite a bit of time poking around the web for a compatible rpm that
> would work on my system -- all to no avail.
I don't use RHEL, but looking at src.rpm of the RHEL4 glib2
package, changing Version in the spec file and rebuiling the
rpm with the new glib tarball should be sufficient.
gtk-list mailing list
gtk-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev