Re: How to set position for widgets

On 12/15/06, Shyjumon N. <shyjumon n ttec soc-soft com> wrote:
    Can any body tell me how i can put my widgets in different co-ordinates.
 Like, i have one box (which contain two buttons) and say two images and i
put in a
 gtkwindow and what i am looking for is say buuton1 in co-ordinates
x=30,y=40. like
 that and also how i can fix the size for image.

Normally you should let GTK do the layout for you. Use hbox/vbox/table
and everything will be automatic and will still look nice if the user
changes their font or their theme.

If you really have to use a fixed layout, use a GtkFixed container:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkFixed.html