RE: gtk cross compilation

--- "Shyjumon N." <shyjumon n ttec soc-soft com> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
>             Actually last week I cross compile gtk-directfb for ARM, you
> won't get x11 lib in arm targets, they have only difectfb support, so
> you need to cross compile gtk-directfb and also refer your root file
> system and find out whether there is support for gtk-directfb.
>
> And when your cross compiling gtk-directfb, you have to do a lot of
> changes in configure file and Makefile, the files coming with packages
> need to be edited.
>

> With regds,
>

> Shyjumon N
>
> Mobile: +91-9945006965
>

> ________________________________

=== message truncated ===> The information contained in this e-mail message and in any annexure is
confidential to the
> recipient and may contain privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please
> notify the sender and delete the message along with any annexure. You should not disclose, copy
> or otherwise use the information contained
> in the message or any annexure. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the individual
> sender except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of SoCrates Software
> India Pvt Ltd., Bangalore.

If one needs to edit Makefiles manuaaly, it's a bug, so it should be filed if
it hasn't been yet.

The whole idea of

./configure;make;make install

is that it should work on any supported platform, and my understanding is that
ARM + FB is a supported platform.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/