From: steve kirby [mailto:thin_runner yahoo com]
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2006 5:16 AM
To: Sergei Steshenko; Shyjumon N.; Magnus Myrefors
Cc: gtk-list gnome org
Subject: RE: gtk cross compilation

Hello,

I am trying to do the exact same thing -- cross-compile GTK+-2.10.6 for arm-linux.

"./configure --host=arm-linux" gets pretty far then stops with:

checking for TIFFFlushData in -ltiff34... no
configure: WARNING: *** TIFF loader will not be built (TIFF library not found) ***
configure: error:
*** Checks for TIFF loader failed. You can build without it by passing
*** --without-libtiff to configure but some programs using GTK+ may
*** not work properly

So I tried it with --without-libtiff and it complained about JPEG lib.  So added --without-libjpeg and it is saying

checking for XOpenDisplay... no
configure: error: *** libX11 not found.

The config.log indicated that the libX11.a (and the libX11.so) it found were incompatible (for ARM).  Are there X11 libs out there for ARM?

Has anybody gotten GTK+-2 to cross-compile for arm-linux?

 I haven't had a chance to look at your tool Sergei - does it do this type of thing?

TIA,

Steve

Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com> wrote:

--- "Shyjumon N." wrote:

> Hi Magnus Myrefors,
> Thanks for your support. actually what i can find is in my arm-linux cross compiler,
> is not having lib corresponding to gtk, it uses my gtk lib available for i386 archi.
> and that now creating an elf but not run in arm, only on i386.
> now my question is wheather i need to get a gtk version for arm or down load the gtk source and
> cross compile it for arm and then use it.
> Even i tried it... but i do't know is it the right way to.
> Please advice me.
>
> With regds,
>

> Shyjumon N
> Mobile: +91-9945006965

???

Of course, everything should be compiled for ARM, then linked. How else ?

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/