Re: pango on MAC OS X

--- Calvin Ellis <kyndig gmail com> wrote:

> [...]
> the same for /usr/share/aclo* /usr/share/autom* directories - as the
> prescense of these files will confuse the cairo/glib build process.
>
> Calvin
>

> On 8/18/06, Sergei Steshenko <sergstesh yahoo com> wrote:
> >

> > --- Calvin Ellis <kyndig gmail com> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm trying to figure out why my software on MAC OS X only displays
> > squares
> > > instead of fonts. So I'm using CVS pango and running into problems
> > getting
> > > it to compile. Initially it was looking for a gnome-automake.sh, so I
> > > manually ran the autoconf,automake to create the configure script. I
> > then
> > > had to edit the configure.in to remove: PKG_CHECK_MODULES [ probably due
> > > an outdated MAC autoconf system ]
> > >
> > > I've finally managed to get pango to compile but am having linking
> > > difficulties. the pkg-config didn't run as expected during configure, so
> > > hand modified several of the Makefiles. The final linking error I am
> > having
> > > is:
> > > make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> > > /bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -L/GTK/lib
> > > -L/GTK/lib/glib-2.0 -lcairo -lgobject-2.0 -lglib-2.0 -lintl -liconv -o
> > > pango-querymodules  querymodules.o   libpangoft2-1.0.la  libpango-1.0.la
> > > gcc -g -O2 -Wall -o .libs/pango-querymodules querymodules.o  -L/GTK/lib
> > > -L/GTK/lib/glib-2.0
> > > ./.libs/libpangoft2-1.0.0.1.14.dylib
> > /Users/kyndig/Desktop/gtk/pangoAug18/pango/.libs/libpango-
> > > 1.0.0.1.14.dylib ./.libs/libpango-1.0.0.1.14.dylib -lm
> > > /GTK/lib/libcairo.2.9.1.dylib /GTK/lib/libfontconfig.dylib
> > > /GTK/lib/libfreetype.dylib /GTK/lib/libexpat.1.5.0.dylib -lpng12 -lz
> > > /GTK/lib/libgobject-2.0.dylib
> > > /GTK/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib/GTK/lib/libintl.dylib
> > > /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib -lc /GTK/lib/libiconv.dylib
> > > /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
> > > _g_module_close
> > > _g_module_error
> > > _g_module_open
> > > _g_module_symbol
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > > make[4]: *** [pango-querymodules] Error 1
> > > make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > > make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
> > > make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> > > make: *** [all] Error 2
> > > ================
> > > Does anyone know what lib I am missing to handle those symbols?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Calvin
> > >
> > > PS: If anyone has succesfully ported their GTK project to the native
> > > pango/cairo/gtk MAC OS X, I'd be highly interested in any pointers -
> > docs -
> > > howtos - or software usage examples
> > >

> > Try my tool (see signature), though I never had a chance to run it
> > on MacOS.
> >
> > On the other had, I did nothing to make it Linux or Solaris-specific,
> > so maybe it will also work on MacOS.
> >
> > My tool builds released (not CVS) versions.

Well, if you ever have some time aqnd disk space, I'd appreciate if
you tried my tool anyway, just try it as

<full_dir_path_to_build.pl>/build.pl 1>build.log 2>&1 &

(assuming you have sh/bash &#1086;or similar).

The tool builds and installs everything locally, i.e. when invoked
the above way it'll build everything under <cwd>/build/<versioned_target>
and install everything under <cwd>/install/<versioned_target>.

I simply do not haeve access to Mac to try it.