Re: How to port a GTK project to Win32 platform?

(Keeping the discussion on the list. Don't reply personally to a
message thread on a mailing list.)

Mason writes:
 > I have found that there are too many different versions
 > of the Gtk and Gnome libraries available on the ftp sites and I am just not
 > sure which versions to use,

Use the newest ones available. (There aren't any GTK 2.10.x binaries
for Win32 yet, for instance.)

 > since there may be some compatibility issues.

Sure, obviously you cannot mix a current GTK with an old Pango, for
instance. But if you just use the newest versions of cairo, GLib, atk,
Pango and GTK it should work out fine.

Also, if you find a bug, the first question when you report the bug
will be what version you are using, and if you aren't using a
relatively current version there isn't much that will be done about
the bug anyway, so...

 > Could you tell me how to find out what versions I am currently using under
 > Linux?

That depends on your Linux distribution. On RPM-based distributions,
for instance:

rpm -qa | grep -E 'cairo|glib|atk|pango|gtk'

Or use whatever graphical package management frontend your Linux
distribution offers.

--tml