Efficient image drawing

Howdy,

I'm developing a video playback app and I'm a bit curious to see if there's a better way to render images to the screen. As it is now I'm using the Gtkmm objects and copying images from my non-standard format in a GdkPixbuf and then drawing to a GtkDrawingArea using gdk_draw_rgb_image_dithalign.

Admittedly, this method is fairly fast. I'm getting between 15 and 20 fps on my development machine which is only a 1.4 GHz.

I'm just wondering if anyone knew a more efficient method to get image data from disk to the screen. Any suggestions are welcome.

Paul Davis