Re: GTK/Gaim (Win32) issues

christian_wolfsheimer web de writes:
 > I have registered, that the newest GTK Version for Windows (2.8.9)
 > is not compatible with Gaim 1.5 and 2.0 beta 3, because after
 > installation gaim was not able to connect to any Instant Messaging
 > Network again. It run correctly, after I (re)installed GTK 2.6.9
 > rev a.

Well known problem. The solution is to use separate versions of GTK+
with each application as necessary. 2.6.x with Gaim, and 2.8.x with
GIMP and other apps that work with GTK+ 2.8. Unfortunately the various
installers can be somewhat boneheaded and refuse to install parallel
versions even in separate locations. Some manual manipulation of the
Registry might be needed to fool installers.

(Actually it's the changes in *GLib* in 2.8 on Win32 that cause the
issues, but apps typically treat GLib as a part of GTK+.)

--tml