Running firefox, Pango-CRITICAL error

Hi,

I just recently installed GTK+-2.8 in /usr/local from source, and have been
experiencing some problems with Gnome and firefox drawing text.

System: Fedora Core 4 on intel x86
Gnome 2.10 installed as part of Fedora
GTK+-1.2.10 installed as part of Fedora

It looks like the system is attempting to use the new GTK+ for its drawing,
and Gnome and firefox are complaining because the new GTK+ is using Cairo to
draw glyphs. I can't see any web page text in firefox. Running firefox I get
this assertion multiple times:

(Gecko:4844): Pango-CRITICAL **: pango-cairo-show-glyph_string: assertion
'PANGO_IS_CAIRO_FONT(font)' failed

I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. I would think I could
have two different versions of GTK+ installed on my system at one time, one
in /usr and one in /usr/local and have no problems.

Please help!
Sent from the Gtk+ - General forum at Nabble.com.