Re: Error: Gtk+ cross compiled

Hi

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 16:40:21 +0200
albrecht ellinger <albrecht ellinger dold-regler de> wrote:
># ./simple
>
>Error opening /dev/psaux: No such file or directory
>
>(simple:926): Gdk-WARNING **: Mouse driver open failed
>
>(simple:926): Gdk-WARNING **: Failed to initialize mouse
>
>(simple:926): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
>
>I have touch screen so I do not worry about mouse driver.
>But the screen is blank (or rather black).

According to gdkmouse-fb.c, gtk+ for linux-fb tries to
handle mouse devices by itself, without any wrappers,
like this:

static gboolean
gdk_fb_mouse_ps2_open (GdkFBMouse *mouse)
{
  gint fd;
  guchar buf[7];
  int i = 0;

  fd = gdk_fb_mouse_dev_open ("/dev/psaux", O_RDWR);
  if (fd < 0)
    return FALSE;

Therefore, even if DirectFB works correctly on your target
system, the problem won't be fixed, I'm afraid. I will lookup
methods to use gtk+ for linux-fb without mouse device (but
I cannot answer within a few days).

Regards,
mpsuzuki