Re: so, is this claim about pango still true? or does nobody actually care?

Hello,

Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> I do not think a P100 should be taken as a serious benchmarking
> machine anymore, however a P2-350 or a P3-500 should be able to handle

i think the source of these issues is that developers usually have PCs in mind.
In my opinion a ~200MHz machine is a good one for benchmarking. That reflects
the CPU power of an old PC as well as the one of a common mobile device like a
PDA. Now that there are several projects for mobile devices using GTK (i'm aware
of maemo and GPE) this fact is a reason to think about slower devices at least.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: 0271-771091-14

6C 44 30 4C 43 20 6B 61  16 07 0F AA E6 97 70 A8