Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

My X11 built for X_LOCALE, the -DX_LOCALE option is used... but my gtk at this time does not use -DX_LOCALE.

On 11/4/05, mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp <mpsuzuki hiroshima-u ac jp> wrote:
On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 14:19:13 +0800
Xyber Blue <xyberblue gmail com> wrote:

>By the way, here is the strace log of the testfont that can't translate
>japanese text... Instead, it will only display english...

From strace output, locale database for libc is initialized
for ja_JP.eucJP and that for X11 is initialized for C.
Apparently setlocale() is called. Your X11 & gtk+-1.2.9 are
built to use locale in libc? or to use X_LOCALE?