Re: Japanese Display for gtk+-1.2.9

>>> [root localhost ~]# frv-linux-gnu-nm -ap
>>> /opt/gtk-dillo/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0 | fgrep setlocale
>>>          U setlocale@@GLIBC_2.3.4
>>>
>>> That is the output..... what's with the output???

>>It means your gtk+-1.2.x is built to use locale in libc.
>>It does not call _Xsetlocale(). Therefore, it will fail
>>as the first test with xmbcs.c.

>>If it is configured to use _Xsetlocale(), libgdk-1.2.so.0
>>won't call setlocale().

mpsuzuki Im very sorry for my previous reply. It seems that this cross compiled gtk doesn't use -DXLOCALE.

The ouput of cross compiled gtk built with -DX_LOCALE is this:

  ]# frv-linux-gnu-nm -ap /nfs/rootgtk98/rootfs-glibc-frv-040820-3/opt/gtk-dillo/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0 |  fgrep setlocale
         U _Xsetlocale
It seems that it does not give anything..... I edited the .c files containing setlocale to _Xsetlocale but when I try to set LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP, it does not convert english text to japanese text .... Instead, it only display english text....-DX_LOCALE is already enabled at this time.