Re: Glade C code a bad thing? (was: root windows)
- From: Francisco Santiago Capel Torres <santiagocapel yahoo es>
- To: gtk-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Glade C code a bad thing? (was: root windows)
- Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 15:22:32 +0100
On Tuesday 31 May 2005 14:54, Olexiy Avramchenko wrote:
> Freddie Unpenstein wrote:
> > That doesn't mean generated code shouldn't be available for those who
> > consider it the best solution to their particular needs. Write a utility
> > that reads in .glade files and outputs code. Call it from your Makefile
> > to ensure the source files are kept up to date, and everyone's happy.
> Exactly, it's pretty easy to write a 'glade-XML' -> 'C source' translator,
> if someone needs that.
I don't agree with that.
To build such a translator requires a deep knowledge of the GTK internals.
I want to use glade in two scenaries:
- As a beginner, I design a form and then I look at the generated code.
- As a more experienced user, I don't want to know how every widget works.
Sometimes, I just create a form, put a few controls and copy the code to my
There are many issues with the layout of widgets, internals, etc that I want
glade to solve for me.
What about gtk-plugins? Do I need to know those as well to build my generator?
My two cents contribution.
> gtk-app-devel-list mailing list
> gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Tengo que cambiar mi firma
Francisco Santiago Capel Torres
santiagocapel yahoo es
Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
] [Thread Prev