Re: Glade C code a bad thing? (was: root windows)

On Tuesday 31 May 2005 14:54, Olexiy Avramchenko wrote:
> Freddie Unpenstein wrote:
> > That doesn't mean generated code shouldn't be available for those who
> > consider it the best solution to their particular needs.  Write a utility
> > that reads in .glade files and outputs code.  Call it from your Makefile
> > to ensure the source files are kept up to date, and everyone's happy.
>
> Exactly, it's pretty easy to write a 'glade-XML' -> 'C source' translator,
> if someone needs that.

I don't agree with that.
To build such a translator requires a deep knowledge of the GTK internals.

I want to use glade in two scenaries:
- As a beginner, I design a form and then I look at the generated code.
- As a more experienced user, I don't want to know how every widget works.
Sometimes, I just create a form, put a few controls and copy the code to my
application.

There are many issues with the layout of widgets, internals, etc that I want
glade to solve for me.

What about gtk-plugins? Do I need to know those as well to build my generator?

My two cents contribution.

Regards!