Re: Welcome to the "gtk-list" mailing list

On Wed, 18 May 2005 22:02:56 +0200, Jose Hevia said:

> So , I read "One important thing that the GNU licenses require is that
> you must also redistribute the source code." and though it referred to
> the program's source code.

For programs using GPL code/libraries, they *DO* have to distribute the program
source code as well.

For programs using LGPL libraries, they have to distribute the source for the libraries
*and any changes to the libraries* that you make, but you don't have to distribute
the main program source.

That's the major difference between GPL and LGPL.