Win32 Port

Hello list,

i've ported an GTK 2.4 Application to Windows. Everything works right except the performance. The performance is up to 5 times inferior as under Linux.

Used features:
- 1 additional thread
- Memory chunks (up to 15000 free/new calls per second)
- Interval timer
- GtkListStore with up to 20

I don't think it is redrawing, cause i'm only do a redraw every half second. In this interval i'm clearing the GtkListStore and refill it.

I hope someone can give me a clue. Are there any things to pay attention on using GLib/GTK under windows? I've tried GTK 2.4/GLib 2.4 and GTK 2.6/GLib 2.6 as well.

The windows system is furthermore more than 2times faster (AMD 2400+ Sempron) as my slowest Linux system (PIII 750), and the application runs although faster under the Linux system. I couldn't understand this.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,
Seika van Olstroem