Destroy GtkWidget doesnot descrese the amount of memories

hi list,

I have tested in Bluefish, GEdit, Winefish, GPHPEdit, Kile.

The problem is describe as below: When I open a document in the Editor (any of
above), the amount of memory increased [ i used 'top' to monitor ]. After
closing that document, 'top' reports that the Editor keep the same amount of
memories just like when the document is opened.

I then open the document, close it, open again,... repeat this many times for
quite large document [ ~ 500 kb ], the memories used by Editor increases and
increases.

Could you give me any idea ?

A bad day!

--