Re: GTK under Mac OS 10.3?

On 7/20/05, David Topper <topper virginia edu> wrote:
> Ok.  Got glib to compile.  But now pango's ./configure complains:
>
> checking for X... no
> configure: WARNING: X development libraries not found
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
> checking for fontconfig >= 1.0.1... Package fontconfig was not found in
> the pkg-config search path.

Hi, I've successfully built gtk on OS X 10.3, so it can be done. It's
much easier than it used to be, in fact. I used fink to get most of
the support libraries built, but then built gtk myself since (at the
time) the fink package was too old for me.

Have you installed Apple's X11 SDK? The optional X11 package in the
install is only the libraries. All the headers, including the .pc for
Apple's fontconfig, are on the X11 SDK on the developer CD.

Also, if you use fink, read the install notes carefully. They support
either using their X11 biniaries, or working with the Apple ones. I
think you'll want option#2.

John