Re: GTK under Mac OS 10.3?

David Topper wrote:

> I'm sorry if this question gets asked every week.  But I did do some
> Googling for it and didn't come up with much other than a seemingly
> dead project.

I will also recommend that you use fink. I wish you good luck with X ...
you're going to need it. You wouldn't believe what I had to go through
to get fink to realise that I had X and development libraries installed.
Also, once I got it working, it didn't stay working for long. I was then
bitten *very* badly by X suddenly refusing to start ... and I was
developing a gtk+ application for a customer on my powerbook! In the end
I finished my project on the only available box I had ... a 350Mhz G3
running Linux. Amazingly, the performance of the GUI was actually better
on the G3 than on my powerbook running OS X ( 1Ghz powerbook, this is ).

I am now installing Gentoo Linux on my powerbook. No prizes for guessing
what the 'last straw' was.

Enjoy and beware.

--
Daniel Kasak