looking for: logical/non-visual container object for coordinating events all over app

Hi.

I'm working to create a system in which the user will define a large
menu layout for fast, easy use on a touch screen.  For me, that means
using lots of large toggle buttons that can be grouped in various ways.
Some of the toggle buttons will be in simple Radio Button like groups.
Others will be stand-alone.  All of them though, may need to coordinate
with one another.  So, for instance, if a certain selection is made from
one of the Radio Button groups, it may be appropriate to disable and/or
de-select a separate set of Radio Button.  It's possible (though
unlikely) that the second set may not be visible because it's on a
hidden Notebook page or something.  These behaviors need to be defined
(chosen, I should say) at run time because the menus themselves are
defined at run time.

I'm thinking of defining a number of possible relationships and actions
to be performed across those relationships when specified events take
place.  Actually, maybe I could make it simpler.  Some sort of Action
object that would be activated during an event (like "toggled") that
would review the rules it was initialized with and take any necessary
steps.  (I'll have to make sure no circular relationships are possible.)

Is there anything out there already that can help me do this?  I want to
be easy to use and still as generic and flexible as possible.

Thanks,

- Ben