GtkTextView and Buffer/Window Coordinates

[ I sent this to the list yesterday but I never saw it show up so I'm
resedning it... ]

Hello,

I was looking at the GtkTextView widget and noticed that the widget
has a concept of 'buffer coordinates' and 'window corrdinates'. I looked
around but really couldn't find any documentation which explained them.
Can someone point me to something that would explain these concepts.
What I am ultimately trying to figure out is the following: If I have a Gtk-
TextView and someone clicks on the text view with the mouse, how do I
transform the mouse pointer coordinates into a location within the Gtk-
TextBuffer so that I might perform a GtkText(Tag/Mark/Iter) operation.

Kent