Re: gtk+ 2 on xfree86 3.3.6

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 13:30 +0100, Federico wrote:
> Hi all,
> I must install a software that use gtk+ 2. I have an xfree86 3.3.6 serverX.
> I have an old video card and I can not upgrade my xfree86.
>
> When I compile the gtk source I have this error:
>
> checking for x86 platform... yes
> checking compiler support for MMX... yes
> checking for freetype-config... /usr/local/bin/freetype-config
> checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least 2.0.1)... yes
> configure: error: Xft version 2 is required for x11 target
>
> I ask you, it's possible to install gtk2 on an xfree86 3.3.6 ? It's
> possible to disable the Xft option?
> If NO,  any ideas ?

It is possible to install the RENDER and Xft libraries on your
system and they will fall back properly when run against a server
without RENDER. Probably the easiest thing is to do is to check them out
of CVS on freedesktop.org (You'll need a number of modules.)

On the other hand it might be far easier to spend 10€ on a used
video card, if that's an option.

Regards,
					Owen