Re: Does linux-fb backend compile with GTK+-2.4?

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 15:28 +0100, Daniel Campos wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I was trying to compile both GTK+2.4 and GTK+2.6 with the option
> "--with-gdktarget=linux-fb", and there is always errors at compile time.
> Is there any faq about this (any specials options to add to Pango or ATK),
> or may be this has been reported before? If not (I could not see
> anything in the
> archives) I can report the errors more deeply...

You should have gotten the following warning message at the end
of the run of configure with GTK+-2.6:

if test "x$gdktarget" = "xlinux-fb"; then
  echo "Warning: The linux-fb GDK target is unmaintained"
  echo "         and may not work or even compile"
fi

So, basically, yes it's expected that there will be problems. I don't
think they are going to be terribly hard problems to fix if you want
to spend a few days on it, but it's not going to work out of the box.

Regards,
						Owen