Creating a GTK Cheat Sheet Poster

Hi,

I just started working on creating a poster-sized (A0, approx 120x90
cm) cheat sheet for GTK development. My plan is to show an application
window in the middle of the poster with all widgets in it and then
list the classes for each widget around this window.

I think this will make development much easier for newbies (like
myself), especially because code completion often is too overwhelming
for using as a TIP for which function to use; and it doesn't describe
signals as well.

So I have started creating an initial design of the GtkWindow class,
which you can have a look at at this address:

https://mikael.is-a-geek.org/shared/public/gtk-window-test-001.png

It would be great if some of you could give feedback on this, below is
a list of things I am thinking about changing next (that is before I
move on and create other classes as well):

  - the "Functions" section is overwhelming and actually useless for a
fast-glance look up of any function; should I remove it completely or
just remove all uncommon functions from it? As you can see I have
already removed some functions (all functions for set/getting the
properties, as well as some functions for framebuffer gtk) I am a
complete GTK newbie so I do not know which functions are uncommon; if
you have suggestions, they are very welcome.

  - I am thinking about removing the "gboolean" and "gint" (and other
common types) in favour of easy-to-distinguishable icons

  - I am thinking about removing the "GtkWindow *window" parameter in
all functions in favour of an icon for the instance

  - I am thinking about creating a section of "Static Functions" (e.g.
gtk_window_list_toplevels(void))

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Happy New Year to everybody!

Mikael Olenfalk