Re: Gdk::Window::add_filter() or gdk_window_add_filter() examples

Murray Cumming wrote:

On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 08:04 +0300, Igor Gorbounov wrote:
Hi, All!
I need any hints about using Gdk::Window::add_filter(GdkFilterFunc function, gpointer data) or gdk_window_add_filter(...), in particular what this filter function looks like and how those
gpointer data are made.
   Igor Gorbounov

The data is some "state" information (such as a pointer to a C++ class
instance) that will be passed to the callback function.

This hasn't been wrapped as a sigc::slot<>, probably because I couldn't
see when it would be useful. [...]

The situation is such that I use a winapi mplayer and pass to it a gdk_window handle, and next, when that player stops it sends an awfull winapi message in some crazy winapi way, and I've almost broke my brains in an effort to get this message. This add_filter method was designed to catch those messages, but how - no one has wrote an example. As far as I could find in Google, Tor Lillquist had added this
filter in about gtk+ 2.2.x.
   Igor Gorbounov