reference count of textbuffer increases with each paste?

L.S.,

I'm experiencing the following on WIN32:

When I do Copy; Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste From within the same gtktextbuffer, I see a dramatic increase of the reference count
of the GtkTextBuffer.

If I do analogous: Copy from notepad; Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste, Paste
I see no increase of the reference count at all.

Is this a feature or a bug of GtkTextBuffer?

Best whishes,

Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema