gtklist pango stipple

G'day,

Using the gtk tree view tutorial I have been able to gain most of the
functionality I need.

I've been asked to include a stipple behind some cells. So I have
attempted to do this.

I was confident I could include this using pango markup. Unfortunately
the text markup does not include a stipple attribute.

There is, however, gdk_pango_renderer_set_stipple, which got me no
where. I found teh stipple code in the demos for a text block. That
didn't get me far.

Is there any way to have a stipple behind text in a cell of a gtk list
view?

Hints on the direction to take appreciated.

Regards,

Ashley