Re: Q: Suitability of GTK+ for critical embedded application

Hello Are,

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 05:38:17PM +0100,  Are Leistad wrote:
>   - suitability of GTK+ for mission critical embedded application?

You might be interested to investigate the behavior in the case of
virtual memory exhaustion. As I looked at glib, I couldn't see an
elegant way to pass that fact to the caller. E.g., g_list_append returns
the new list head; if there is no memory available, the application is
supposed to exit (please correct me if I'm wrong), which is not quite
nice for an embedded app. A possible workaround could be calling some
handler in your code, but I haven't looked at that. If you are
interested, we could try to do that together.

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.