GtkTextView problem on Windows

> This happens only if I run my program under WindowsMe 'natively',
> e.g. I start it from Explorer or from a DOS window. It doesn't
> happen if I start it manually from the MinGW/MSYS terminal (where I
> compiled it).

A program started from Explorer or a Command Prompt is no more or less
"native" than one started from a MSYS shell. GTK certainly has no way
to find out whether the program was started from Explorer or a MSYS
shell.

What might be different is that you have a different PATH in the two
cases, and get different installed versions of GTK? Please check.

--tml