GtkTextView problem on Windows

Hi!

I am developing a cross-platform program using GTK2
and I am experiencing an annoying problem with GtkTextView.
The problem is that I successfully insert text into
the TextBuffer of the view but it does not appear until
I click into the TextView. This happens only if I run my
program under WindowsMe 'natively', e.g. I start it from
Explorer or from a DOS window. It doesn't happen if I
start it manually from the MinGW/MSYS terminal (where I
compiled it). It also doesn't happen on Linux.

Also, the fonts are very different between the two starts,
starting my program from the MSYS terminal, the fonts are
larger, so more readable.

Can someone help me how can I make GTK2 behave the same
for both ways of starting?

Best regards,
Zoltán Böszörményi