Re: Compiling pkgconfig with arm-linux-gcc

Hello prakhar,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2005 at 04:58:05AM +0100, prakhar vig wrote:
> I tried the above steps for configuring glib atleast
> now the error test program found is not coming, but
> the error I am receiving now is:
>
> error: checking for glib-genmarshal
> result:no
> error:could not found glib-genmarshal

I don't know. The procedure is the same: look in config.log, find out
what configure does and fix the problem. If you don't understand what
configure wants to achieve, post the config.log excerpt with the failed
command and test file source.

> And In case of pkgconfig I don't know how to
> crosscompile pkgconfig , please write me the command
> to crosscompile pkgconfig.

Have you tried ./configure --host=arm-linux? But you'd probably like to
clarify whether you need this first.

I personally started with installing Debian on the target over NFS. I
installed the ARM libraries on the build machine from Debian packages to
be able to compile the application. I'm postponing cross-compiling as
long as I can.

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.