Help

I have installed all the programs that are dependicies to GTK ver 2.6.9 and im having a problem

Code

checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS...
checking for BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS...
Package atk was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `atk.pc'
No package 'atk' found
configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.6.0    atk >= 1.0.1    pango >= 1.8.0) were not met.

Alternatively you may set the BASE_DEPENDENCIES_CFLAGS and BASE_DEPENDENCIES_LIBS environment variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.

Code

I have looked around searched high and low and can't understand why im gettint this error about atk.pc
it is installed i was able to see that it was by typing

[root localhost pkgconfig]# pkg-config --modversion atk.pc
1.9.0

but that command only seems to work in the pkgconfig dir could that be why I can't install GTK+ 2.0???

--
The Great One