gtk_container_remove and garbage collection

Does gtk_container_remove() free the removed widget (and its contents, if appropriate)?

Or do I need to separately free the widgets I no longer want?

Thanks,
--
++ Jonathan Hayward, jonathan hayward pobox com
** To see an award-winning website with stories, essays, artwork,

** If you'd like a Google Mail (gmail.com) account, please tell me!