Re: GLib.framework?

There are probably a couple of reasonable approaches. The core portion of a framework is a shared library. For instance, here's the main library in OpenLink's iODBC framework:

  $ file -L iODBC.framework/iODBC
  iODBC.framework/iODBC: Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc

GLib could be compiled directly into this library. This would involve modifications to the build, or maintaining a parallel OS X-only build system (e.g., an Xcode project).

A simpler approach would be to build a framework wrapper around the GLib libraries. This would build GLib with the autotools, then build a framework that depends on (and, probably, includes) the built libraries.

Anyhow, I was hoping someone who had gone down this road could offer some advice. I don't want to burden this list with any more traffic specific to one platform.