known bug? appropriate question?

Hi.

I'm running into an annoying little "bug" surprisingly often.  Asking
here if it's known is a hell of a lot easier than searching a bug
database for it, and will probably work better.  Is that an acceptable
use of this list though?

the bug:  I'm not sure of the exact circumstances of the bug, but the
basic symptom is this:  if I make a button sensitive (enable it) *while*
the mouse pointer is located above the button in question, clicking the
mouse button without first moving the mouse has no effect.

so...  a pretty sure way to make this happen would be:
1) put the mouse over a button
2) run gtk_widget_set_sensitive(button, FALSE) on the widget
  - observe the button color changes, as expected, from the mouseover
    color to the insensitive color.
3) wait a few seconds
4) run gtk_widget_set_sensitive(button, TRUE) on the widget
  - observe the button color change reverses.
5) click the primary mouse button
  - ***observe the action has no effect***
6) move the mouse so that it's not pointing to to the button
  - observe the button color changes as expected.
7) move the mouse back over the button and click it
  - observe the button now works as expected.

what should happen is mouse clicks should cause the button to appear to
depress and emit a clicked signal on step number 5.

Is that a known bug?  Should I report it?

Thanks,

- Ben