Anjuta: autogen.sh fails when creating project.

Hello.  I'm new and I'm working on getting started using Anjuta. I would
really appreciate some help, if you can.  I noticed that when I create a
new project It gives me the following error message:

ERROR: The project was not successfully auto generated.  Please run
autogen.sh manually.

However, if I disable gettext support when creating the project then it
succeeds.  Does this mean I don't have gettext support?  How do I resolve
this.  Shouldn't I be using gettext support in my projects?  Some of the
other notable lines that look like they may clearify my error in the
output are:

/usr/bin/autopoint: line 342: /usr/share/gettext/archive.tar.gz: No such
file or directory
cvs checkout: cannot find module 'archive' - ignored
find: archive: No such file or directory
find: archive: No such file or directory
autopoint: *** infrastructure files for version 0.10.40 not found; this is
autopoing from GNU gettext-tools 0.14.1

aclocal:configure.in:33: warning: macro 'AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library

configure.in:107: required file 'intl/Makefile.in' not found
Makefile.am:6: required directory ./intl does not exist

Any help would be much appreciated.

Micah Carrick
http://www.micahcarrick.com