Re: font info missing on X.org gtk 2.4.14

>X fonts should still work as before. (There are some changes to the
>fontset configuration, but you are using gdk_font_load(), not=20
>gdk_fontset_load().)

google suggests that X.org 6.8.0 had specific issues with lucida
fonts, which are the ones i was testing. the program appears to work
OK with other font families. i am using 6.8.1, and its claimed to be
fixed, but i suspect it is not. sigh, we have to stop using lucida in
our GTK rc file.

--p