Pango installation / how to remove old version of Glib?

Owen,

Thank you for your response.

> You have multiple copies of GLib on your system ... probably
> an older system one in /usr and a new one somewhere else,
> maybe /usr/local/.

What commands can I use or files to search for to find out what version
of Glib is in /usr ?   How can I unstall the old version of Glib?

Antonio Gomes  posted a detailed response to a question from
Ljubica Lazarevic about building pango so I will try that again
as well as downloading pango 1.8.1

Thank you,

Charles

(Pango-1.7.0? Why that??? Stable is 1.8.1 at this point. 1.7.0
is an old devel snapshot)

-