Re: MDI (not winMDI) frameworks ... again

Tim wrote:
In the meantime, developers are left hanging with putting out apps that have just way too many windows. I've used Gimp on my OSX box and it totally sucks having to first clicking the window to get focus before being able to click the item. If the app ran on a MDI framework, this would not be necessary.

Incidentally, you can make Apple's quartzwm behave in a more sensible manner. At a terminal:

  defaults write com.apple.x11 wm_click_through -bool true

I've found this makes Gimp actually usable... :P

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)