Re: MDI (not winMDI) frameworks ... again

>have just way too many windows. I've used Gimp on my OSX box and it
>totally sucks having to first clicking the window to get focus before
>being able to click the item. If the app ran on a MDI framework, this
>would not be necessary.

its also not necessary if you use a window manager that doesn't
enforce click-to-focus, or if you turn off the WM's click-to-focus
policy.

there are people who apparently *like* click-to-focus.

what you perhaps want is "focus-follows-application", which is a bit
more subtle, but relatively easily enforced by the application itself,
using X enter/leave events on its windows combined with focus grabs.

--p