Pango won't compile.

Hello,

I have a Fedora Core 1 installed, and would like to install the latest
Inkscape (http://inkscape.org) nightly build, which comes in Autopackage
format. It says that gtkmm is required, which in turn demands gtk+ 2.4.

I have downloaded the latest gtk+ package and its dependencies. I can make
and install glib and atk, but pango's configure reports:

>>> CODE:

(...)
checking for pkg-config... (cached) /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.0... no
*** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB is incorrectly
installed.
configure: error:
*** Glib 2.4.0 or better is required. The latest version of
*** Glib is always available from ftp://ftp.gtk.org/.

<<< CODE.

The latest glib is suppossedly installed (I did a make install on it,
successfully). But when I try to search for it, I can only find glib 2.0
files, which are what was installed before. Namely, an updated locate
returns the directories (garbage and files cleaned):

/usr/share/doc/glib-1.2.10/
/usr/share/doc/glib2-2.2.3/
/usr/share/glib-2.0/
/usr/include/glib-1.2/
/usr/include/glib-2.0/
/usr/lib/glib-2.0/
/usr/local/include/glib-2.0/
/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/
/usr/local/share/glib-2.0/

Also, in the files under these and other directories there is no reference
to glib 2.4.6.

Does this mean that I have glib 1.2.10 and glib 2.0 installed, but that
somehow glib 2.4.6 didn't install? And if so, why? What can I do to make
it install?

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks in advance,
Denís.

#       Denís Fernández Cabrera       #
#  Correo, Jabber:   <denis glug es>  #