Re: Alpha-composition of two pixmaps

Michael L Torrie wrote:

It's not slow by definition.  Anyway it does use render directly.  So if
you have an accelerated render driver in the X server, it will be plenty
fast.  If not, then it will be slow even if you called render directly.
I'm testing with plain 'trident' and 'nv' drivers. Beign not so deep in Render internals I expect that if antialiased fonts are fast, then any other composition operations will be fast as well

Dmitry