Re: Alpha-composition of two pixmaps

Dmitry M. Shatrov wrote:

Hello.

As I know, XRender extension allows to compose two X drawables.
Coldn't find a wrapper in GDK, though (except one 'non-public' function in a CVS version,
that draws a filled alpha blended rectangle). Is there any?

And, if not, what is ther reason of complete Render support being not here yet?

Hi
You can draw gdk-pixbuf with alpha-channel to any gdk drawable. Under X GDK *use* XRender for this. Look at "gdk/x11/gdkdrawable-x11.c" for details. I dont know about complete XRender support in X11 GDK backend, but you always can code all you need with foreign pixmaps.

   Olexiy