SpaceMouse with gtk

Hi!

I'm new to gtk so I've novice skills of developing with this kit ;-)

I'm developing an OpenGL toolkit for my own using the GLUT toolkit by now
but I've decided to change to gtk especially to gtkglextmm. My question is
kind of "low level": I want to use my SpaceMouse supporting 6 degrees of
freedom (x, y, z axis for translation and rotation) under X11 with gtk but I
can't find out how. I read some parts of the gdk docs (input, input devices)
but I found no information. It would be nice if somebody can give me a hint
how to get this work.

Thanks
Sascha

--