Re: [gtkmm] Gdk::Window problem

>>If a GTK+ function has a GdkWindow* parameter that can actually be some
>>other GdkDrawable* (not a GdkWindow*), then that would be a GTK+ bug.
>>Please CC me on any such bugzilla bugs.
>>

> There is no bugs in GTK+.
> Example:
>
> GTK+, in gtkstyle.h you see:
>
> void gtk_paint_layout     (GtkStyle        *style,
>                            GdkWindow       *window, // = GdkDrawable*,
> because of "typedef GdkDrawable GdkWindow"
[snip]

Unless gtk_paint_layout actually takes any GdkDrawable* instead of just
GdkWindows, then I see no problem.

The fact that you don't need to cast in C (because of how O-O is
implemented in C for this small part of the API), but you do in C++, is of
no interest to us. Lots of things are different (better) in C++.

Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com
www.openismus.com