Re: Problem compiling atk-1.6.1

On Monday 11 October 2004 04:11 am, Padraig O'Briain wrote:
> Sven Neumann gave a similar answer to mine but with more detail. That
> should help you track down the inconsistency in your setup.
>
> Please kill the smilies.
>
> Padraig

I am really sorry that you didn't like the smilies.  I prefer them to the
possibility of sounding offensive or rude.  One thing I don't like about
mailing lists on the Internet is the fact that a lot of the offense that is
taken isn't based on actual mistreatment, but it's based on the fact that
it's easier so sound rude and offensive when one is not talking to someone in
person.

As far as Sven's response is concerned, like I said to him, I don't understand
how glib-2.5.3 could be an issue, since I never reinstalled it after my last
reinstall of Fedora Core 2.  So it hasn't been on my system for a few weeks,
and I have not reinstalled it since.  In fact, I have been very scrupulous to
not reinstall glib 2.5.3 since my last reinstall.

I am now going to reinstall Fedora Core 2.  If this issue comes up again, then
you will be hearing from me again.  Otherwise....