Re: Problem compiling atk-1.6.1

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 04:41:39AM -0500, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:

> As far as Sven's response is concerned, like I said to him, I don't understand
> how glib-2.5.3 could be an issue, since I never reinstalled it after my last
> reinstall of Fedora Core 2.  So it hasn't been on my system for a few weeks,
> and I have not reinstalled it since.  In fact, I have been very scrupulous to
> not reinstall glib 2.5.3 since my last reinstall.

What does the following command return:

pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0

Please note that PKG_CONFIG_PATH should be set to the directory
containing the .pc files, not the pkg-config executable. I would think
would be /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig in your case or something similar.

If you compile the following program:

#include <stdlib.h>
#include <glib.h>

int main(void) {

  printf("Glib version is %d.%d.%d\n",
	 GLIB_MAJOR_VERSION,
	 GLIB_MINOR_VERSION,
	 GLIB_MICRO_VERSION);

}

Using the following command:

gcc -o version `pkg-config --cflags --libs glib-2.0` version.c

Does that work ?

What happens when you execute the resulting version program ?
(./version)

What does the command:

ldd ./version report ?

Sounds to me like you haven't setup your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable correctly.

> I am now going to reinstall Fedora Core 2.  If this issue comes up again, then
> you will be hearing from me again.  Otherwise....

Umm, reinstalling the complete OS for these types of issue seems like
the definition of overkill. Are you completely wiping out the whole
drive ?

--
Daniel Nilsson