Re: Problem compiling atk-1.6.1

Hi,

"Steven P. Ulrick" <ulrick2 faith4miracle org> writes:

> I just joined this list for the purpose of asking this question.
> Before I sent this question, I downloaded the last 12 months of
> archives from this list and looked through a few months worth of
> them and I found nothing relating to this exact problem.

This comes up every so often so I wonder how you could have missed it
in the archives.

> 5. I then proceeded to configure "atk-1.6.1" with the same command as I used
> to configure "glib-2.4.7": "./configure --prefix=/usr/local"  This exited
> with the following error:
> checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
> checking for GLIB - version >= 2.0.0...
> *** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.4.7, but GLIB (2.5.3)
> *** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
> *** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the error
> *** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
> *** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
> *** required on your system.
> *** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> *** to point to the correct configuration files

Here's what happens: You have glib 2.4.7 installed in the place that
pkg-config is looking for. But, you also have glib 2.5.3 installed and
that is what the linker is picking up when linking with the linker
flags given by pkg-config. Thus, your setup is hosed and the configure
script detected this for you.  You should adjust your linker search
path so that the correct version of glib is being found.  You can do
so by setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH. This is also what the error message
from configure already tried to tell you.

Sven