Re: Drawing on the root window

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:41:26 -0500, valdis kletnieks vt edu
<valdis kletnieks vt edu> wrote:
> That's horribly anti-social, and terrible user interface design. (Think about
> if you're trying to use another application in another window, but you can't
> see it because something keeps scribbling all over it...)
>
> A *much* better idea would be to query the screen size, create a window
> that size, and ask the window manager to move it to the top.  That way you can
> use all the real estate, but the user can use the window manager "push to bottom
> of stack"/"lower" function if they need to get at another window.
>
> Or look at how many programs implement a "maximize" function - which may be
> another approach to your problem.

Hmmm that's because you didn't understand very well my problem here...
what i'm trying to do is similar to this:

http://www.quinn.echidna.id.au/Quinn/WWW/HISubtleties/AnnotatedCoachMark.gif

See that red circle painted over the widgets? That's that. Anybody
knows how to do it?

Thanks a lot,
J.V.