running real time application behind glade

hi,

  does anyone know how do I go about running a real
time application after I executed a glade program?

  how should I edit main.c, so that glade shows the
windows created and at the same time, runs a real time
program in the background?

  I'm using rtlinux-3.2-pre2, and have written a
program that counts from 0 onwards and is printed at
the command prompt. But so far, I've only managed to
execute the real time first before it shows the
created window...

regards,
aaron